Saturday 9 August 2014

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong.



WHAT?!
THAT ENDING!
I still have chills running down my arm.

This book surprised me a lot! First of, I didn't expect there to be a paranormal side to it and secondly, I did not realise how creepy this would turn out to be.


It is a very thrilling and mysterious story. It was captivating and the writing was absolutely beautiful. Also, it left you wondering what was real and what was just made up by Mara's mind.


I though most of the characters were great. I LOVED Jamie though, his jokes and his sarcasm. Daniel was another favourite. He was a great brotherly figure and he helped Mara out so much in the book.

Noah Shaw. Dear god, my ovaries.
Mysterious, hot, strong, caring.

The only couple of things that threw me off a little was Mara and Noah's relationship. It felt cringy and uncomfortable at times and there were definitely some cliche moments there. However, I loved how they are so similar to each other and I also really liked how their relationship started out with the whole 'you're too arrogant for me' thing and the banter between them.

Another thing that threw me off was how hard the story was to follow. I loved the mystery and the creepy thrill but there were times that I just had no idea what was going on and how they got there. Mara's 'PTSD'state was so interesting and having her narrate the story was awesome.

I am so excited to read the next book and find out what happens and also find some answers to some of my questions!

Great read! I definitely recommend it:)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...